Jewelry is produced in a handcrafted manner with various materials that require a particular type of cleaning. Below you will find some tips to follow depending on the brand and type of piece.
Uno de 50
SILVER PLATED PIECES:
Sterling silver can react by darkening when exposed to the air and light, or in certain cases, by the different types of PH of the skin. Clean these types of pieces using a soft cloth or with a non-abrasive silver cleaner to prevent damage.
GOLD PLATED PIECES:
For the proper cleaning of these pieces, use a soft cotton cloth on a regular basis (weekly) to keep the jewel in good condition. In the event that the piece is very dirty the same cloth can be used with warm water and mild soap, and once the process is finished, dry with a soft dry cloth or paper. Care must be taken with leather and the stones or crystals that the piece may have, because these materials may require another type of care.
Mild soap or a moisturizing cream, which is unscented and colorant free, can be used to clean the leather parts of your jewelry.
The use of a soft cloth is recommended to enhance the brightness of the beads and counters on your pieces.
CRYSTALS AND GLASS
Use a soft, slightly damp cloth to clean the parts of crystal or glass.
Lenny & Eva
PEWTER PLATED AND BRASS OXIDISED
- We recommend putting your jewelry on last, after you’ve applied perfumes, lotions, hairsprays, and other cosmetics.
- Avoid contact with water, perspiration, and strong chemicals.
- Periodically inspect clasps and closures.
- Beaded bracelets should be rolled on, not pulled or tugged.
- Beaded links should not be fully fastened to statement piece and then stretched on, but instead clasped on one side, placed on wrist, then connected on the other side.
- A mild leather cleaner may be used on leather and suede pieces, and a soft jewelry cloth may be used to clean metal elements.
Bourbon & Boweties
14KT GOLD FILLED
- 14kt gold filled as well as a variety of gold plated metal products
- Natural tarnishing occurs over a period of time. Can expect at least a six-month period of bright gold plated products and longer on the 14kt gold fill items.
- After each wear, gently wipe with a soft jewelry cloth and store in a jewelry box.
- Not that the majority of the collection requires wirework, which should be delicately handled and stored in an appropriate setting.
Alex & Ani
JEWELRY IS ALL RECYCLED MATERIALS
This jewelry was created with the utmost love and care. Follow these simple steps to help keep your jewelry look its best year after year.
- Use the ALEX AND ANI polishing cloth regularly to effectively clean your jewelry.
- Always store each piece separately, especially our expandable necklaces. The best way to store your necklaces is to hang them.
- Apply beauty products such as perfume, hairspray or deodorant before wearing your jewelry as certain chemicals in these products may damage the finish.
- Always remove your jewelry before swimming, bathing, doing household chores or using abrasive cleaners.
- If your jewelry requires further cleaning, use a mild soap, water and a soft cloth. Rinse with clean water and pat dry. Never use jewelry cleaner on Trend pieces. Jewelry cleaners are too harsh and may contain abrasives. We recommend using a polishing cloth for Precious pieces.
- Use a soft toothbrush to clean crystals if necessary.
- Make sure your jewelry is completely dry before storing.
- To avoid black markings either on your skin or the bangles, be sure to clean your bangles regularly. These markings are due to trapped oil and dirt in the metal and can be easily cleaned.
ALEX AND ANI Leather Goods go through an extensive tanning process. The leather is kept in drums to fully absorb the color. It is meticulously treated so that the texture is luxuriously soft. Each piece of our naturally distressed leather has its own unique characteristics; the variations in textures and color are to be expected. Our vintage-inspired, distressed leather was designed purposefully to look better over time. Follow these care instructions to keep your leather looking its best year after year.
- We recommend not using any leather spray on our products, as it may change the look of the leather.
- Use a mild soap and damp cloth to clean the leather and the inside of the leather. We suggest avoiding leather conditioner, as wear and tear is to be expected and will add character to these pieces. If you choose to protect your leather, test a small amount on an inconspicuous area of the product first. The protectant may cause the leather to darken in color. Avoid all oil-based protectants.
- Avoid exposure to intense weather conditions such as snow, rain, and direct sunlight
- Store your leather in our ALEX AND ANI dust bag (included with each Leather product).
My Saint My Hero
- Remember to remove jewelry before gardening, cleaning, or swimming.
- Avoid contact with abrasive soaps, perfumes, beauty products, lotions, and hairspray.
- Wipe Clean with a soft, damp cloth or hand wash with gentle soap and cold water.
- When storing make sure your jewelry is completely dry.
14KT & 18KT GOLD PLATED
- Spartina jewelry is gold plated and therefore requires proper care. Our gold plated jewelry is not designed to wear around-the-clock. We recommend that you keep your jewelry dry.
- Gold plated jewelry can be damaged by sulfides from perspiration or by chlorine and harsh cleaning solutions. To better protect your jewelry, wrap and store it in a chamois cloth when not in use.
- Do not wear your piece while you are swimming, showering or bathing. We also recommend that you do not wear it while you are exercising. Always put your jewelry on after you have applied your make-up, perfumes and lotions. If your jewelry becomes dirty, clean with a soft dry cloth.
- Store your jewelry in a soft, lined bag or jewelry box away from the sun or heat. Do not store your jewelry in the bathroom where steam and moisture may affect it.
- We use genuine leather in our leather bracelets and therefore some natural color variations may occur. Please protect your leather items from water, and remove them before washing your hands. Leather will tend to stretch over time and is not a defect.
GOLD PLATED AND STERLING SILVER
- To clean the jewelry best just use a soft jewelry cloth and store away from direct sunlight.
- Keep away from water or any chemicals.
Chavez for Charity
GOLD & SILVER PLATED, GUN METAL
- No plastics used. All other materials are stone, glass, wood, and onyx metals.
- Gently use a jewelry cloth if needed. Keep dry and it jewelry pouch to keep metals from aging.
MATERIAL We designed Mantrabands to be delicate, lightweight, comfortable and long-lasting, to wear everyday, for work and play. Mantrabands are made of hypoallergenic, lead-free, and tarnish resistant stainless steel.
Our gold and rose gold Mantrabands are made with the same strong, tarnish resistant material as our silver bands, with a thick overlay of 18K gold.
FIT Mantrabands are fully adjustable to fit most wrist sizes. Adjusting is very simple. With the bracelet off of your wrist, hold one end firmly and bend gently, adjusting a little each time. Do the same on the other side, and repeat until the bracelet feels comfortable and secure on your wrist.
CARE To clean, wipe with a soft cloth. Avoid frequent contact with strong chemicals such as detergent, bleach or perfume. Store in a jewelry box or soft cloth. Always remember to remove your gold bands before showering or exercising. Do not wear them in hot tubs or swimming pools.
For the best upkeep and care of your jewelry, please keep stored in a closed container in a cool, dry and dark environment. Remove your jewelry when washing your hands, swimming, exercising, cleaning and before applying any kind of personal body product. Be cautious when using agents such as soaps, perfume, makeup, hair product, cleaning agents, lotion, etc., as these can remove the jewelry’s plating.
Gold-filled jewelery by definition is "composed of a solid layer of gold, mechanically bonded to a base metal." It will not tarnish and provides the quality one would expect from solid gold. Gold-plated, on the other hand, will tarnish and can result in discoloration. enewton design is proud to carry gold-filled products, which offer consumers a high-quality, long lasting piece of jewelry. So, go ahead and swim, sweat and shower in our special pieces!